Fighting fund banner


I've been a member of the RCN since I was a student nurse - why should I join UCU too?

22 January 2007

The Royal College of Nursing - and the other health staff professional associations - is the appropriate body to represent your interests as a health professional. But if you are working in higher education, you will need the additional protection of the main union representing your interests as an academic. Most importantly, UCU is the only union with national collective bargaining rights for health educators. UCU has a close working relationship with the RCN and a range of other health staff associations and unions - in most cases we have reached a joint membership agreement which allows reduced rate.

Last updated: 23 November 2017