Switch to Direct Debit

The Trade Union Act means the government is putting barriers in the way of unions continuing to collect subs via payroll (also known as check off), including introducing a charge by public bodies for administering this service.

Direct Debit (.jpg) That is why we're asking members still paying via payroll to take the very straightforward step of changing your payment method to direct debit (DD).

There are three ways to switch to Direct Debit:

  1. log in to My UCU here  
  2. alternatively use our direct debit form located here and return to: UCU Membership, Freepost RSBT-SCKZ-BLCZ, UCU, Carlow Street, London NW1 7LH
  3. or call us on: 0333 207 0719

Whichever method you use, please ensure that you immediately notify your payroll department that you wish to cease deduction from your salary. We attach a suitable letter for your payroll department for your convenience.

And that is it.

If you need any assistance contact the Membership Team on 0333 207 0719 or email: membership@ucu.org.uk


Last updated: 22 August 2018